Tuttle Orchards Fall Activities: Apple Picking, Pumpkin Patch, and so much more!
Many Indianapolis families make apple picking and pumpkin picking at Tuttle Orchards a part of their annual traditions.
We kick off the fall season with our annual Caramel Apple Festival…the second Saturday in September.
Daily Fall Activities: there’s lots to do at the orchard.
Activities are open Sept. 10-Oct. 31, 2015 unless otherwise indicated below.
Cut your own Sunflowers: take home a beautiful bouquet. $1.50/flower head.
Kid’s Farm Play Area: lots of country fun for the little people…including mazes, tractors to ride, and more. $6/person or $10/Combo Pass (For Saturdays or Weekday Afternoons). Opening September 3rd!
Agrimaze: Central Indiana’s Family Friendly Corn Maze: Our corn maze includes an opportunity to complete activities as a family while finding your way through the maze. $6/person or $10/Combo Pass (For Saturdays or Weekday Afternoons).
Pumpkin Patch: Open September 24 – October 31. Pick your own pumpkins right from the patch. Lots of pumpkin big and small. Pre-picked pumpkins available mid-September through October.
Farm Animals for Viewing: Tuttle’s has one llama and a couple of goats for kids to see while visiting. Free.
Observation Bee Hive: watch the bees making honey. Free.
Narrated Hayrides around the Farm: take a hayride tour of the farm while hearing a bit more about the behind the scenes at Tuttles. Available weekday afternoons (2pm, 3:30, 5, 6:30pm) and Saturdays running continuously from 11AM-6PM. NO hayrides on weekday mornings. $4/person or included in $10/Combo Pass (For Saturdays and Weekday Afternoons). Open September 10 – October 31.
History Exhibit: read about the 80+ years of Tuttle’s history and see some older farm equipment. Free.
Shopping and Eats: Treats to enjoy on the farm and take home.
Farm Store: features apples, cider, local & gourmet groceries, produce, gifts and more.Open Mon-Sat year round.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM (September and October). CLOSED SUNDAY.
- NO general admission charge or a parking fee.
- Activities Passes: Kid’s Farm Play Area $6/child, Agrimaze $6/person, Narrated Hayride $4/person.
- Save up to $6 with Saturday/Afternoon Pass: $10/person (includes Agrimaze, Kid’s Farm Play Area, Narrated Hayride).
- Season Pass: Available this year. $20/person. Includes unlimited Agirmaze, Kid’s Farm Play Area, and Narrated Hayride for the whole 2016 fall season.
- Upick activities are paid after picking. Cost is based on quantity or size picked.
- We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express at all locations throughout the orchard.
- You must finish picking by closing time. Thanks!
Tuttle’s Festival Days
Festival Days are fall Saturdays and special event days where we open all our fall activities for families to enjoy. These days offer a festival environment with special events. During these days, the small parking lot next to the farm store will be closed to allow for special activities. Plenty of parking is available in large parking lot.
Festival Days 2016:
Saturdays: September 10, September 17, September 24, October 1 October 8, October 15, October 22, October 29.
Fall Visit Tips:
When Should We Visit?
- Want to pick pumpkins? October….Our pumpkin patch is open Sep 24- Oct 31. Pre-picked pumpkins are available typically by mid-September.
- Want to pick apples? September is the best time to come and pick apples.
- Want a fast moving festival environment? Come during one of our festival days.…Festival days offer the most activities and a fun filled, busy environment.
- Want a quieter experience? Early on a Saturday (9-11AM) or 2-6PM weekdays….the crowds are typically less during those times. Saturdays early in September and late in October are also less crowded.
- When NOT to visit: Sunday….we are closed. Since we’re still a family farm, we find we and our employees must have a day to rest and worship with their families. It helps us serve you better and have energy to keep growing great apples.
Before you Come:
- Dress for fun, outdoor environment. Tennis shoes and casual clothes are best…maybe boots if it’s rained a lot recently. Dress for the weather…which could mean sunscreen or a hat and gloves.
- Bring your camera. Info about our photo contest. Professional photographers see our Photographer Policy.
- We have plenty of picnic areas to enjoy a sack lunch or on festival days enjoy lunch at Tuttle’s Grill.
- We find most families spend several hours at the orchard so plan to arrive early enough to do all the activities you want. Please note that all outdoor and upick areas will close at closing time each evening.
- Bringing a group? For group tours, you will need to schedule in advance. Check out information here.
- For your safety, Tuttle’s is a smoke free farm…even in outdoor areas.
- Due to food safety and health department regulations, no pets except service animals are permitted to leave the parking lot areas. Please leave your pets at home to help your family have a better experience.
- Weather: Outdoor activities are sometimes closed due to lighting (they stay open in light rain). Please check Today at Tuttle’s Page or Facebook for any weather related changes. We also encourage you to come prepared for the weather. Mud can make great memories in the pumpkin patch if you wear old shoes or boots.
- Directions we’ve tested. Recommended over GPS or Google Maps.
- Parking: on festival days, the parking lot in the farm store area will be closed to allow for seating for you to enjoy food from the Tuttle’s Grill and Sweet Shop. Plenty of parking will be available in other areas.
- Make a day of it: area restaurants, attractions, and accommodations.