Caramel Apple Festival(Kick Off your Fall at Tuttles!)
Open: September 7, 2013
Kick off the fall season at Tuttle Orchards on Saturday, September 7th during our annual Caramel Apple Festival. Festival activities include:
Things to do:
Agrimaze:Pumpkins is this year's fall corn maze theme. Come explore the history of pumpkins and learn about how they grow while you have lots of fun finding the clues and making your way through. You can learn all about pumpkins and enjoy a special treat at the end. $3/person
Kid's Play Area: This is also opening day for the kid's play area. Come enjoy lots of country play fun! $3/child
Fresh Apples in Farm Store: Lots of great apples in the farm store. We're sorry no apple picking this year because of the poor crop.
Apple Pie Baking Contest: Bring your own pie to be judged, or watch the judging and sample the winners. 11AM. Free. Entry forms available in farm store.
Antique Tractors:come see some of our antique tractor collection. Free
Watch the Bees: See the honey bees hard at work making honey. Free
Take a hayride: Hop on the hayride and hear about the farm. $2/person
Caramel Apple Hunt: Search for tickets for free caramel apples hidden around the farm.
Treats to Eat:
Fall Snacks: Enjoy lots of fall snacks including caramel apples, homemade fudge, and new this year pumpkin slushies!
Build your own Caramel Apple:Special for this day only the build your own caramel apple bar. You get to pick your favorite toppings to add to your fresh dipped caramel apple.
Homemade Ice Cream:if weather allows, we will have homemade ice cream available.
Tuttle's Grill:: will be open from 11-5 offering hot dogs, bratwurst, roasted corn on the cob, and more.
Tuttle's Annual Apple Pie Baking Contest
will be held at 11AM on September 15th during our Caramel Apple Festival.
1st prize: $25.00 Tuttle's Gift Certificate
2nd prize: $15 Tuttle's Gift Certificate
3rd Prize: $10.00 Tuttle's Gift Certificate
1. Pies must be homemade (including crust) with Tuttle's apples in a 9" or 10" pan. You may use a glass pie plate. Tuttle's is not responsible for damaged plates. Plates will be released to participants after judging.
2. Judging crieria: Flavor (30 pts.) Filling (25 pts.) consistency, doneness, moistness and flavor, Crust (20 pts), Overall Appearance (15 pts.), Creativity (10 pts.)
3. Entries must be submitted by 10:45AM the day of the contest, and include a recipe and name of apple variety used. Entrants must complete a contest release form.
4. Limit one pie per person.
5. Employees and their immediate families are not eligible.
6. All entries, recipes, and photos of winners become property of Tuttle Orchards and may be used for promotional purposes.
7. Winners will be announced immediately following judging.
Entry Forms Available Day of the Contest
Last Updated Sat, Mar 2nd 2013, 00:00